Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sammy's Clear Word

A few days ago, my sister Katie made homemade yogurt. There are whole quarts of it in our fridge, unflavored, unsweetened. I've been feeding the babies small amounts with applesauce and what have you, but it's going slooooowly. This morning Katie decided to flavor some. She put it in a blender with some bananas, apples, frozen blueberries, and LOTS of spinach. Yeah, that's what I thought too. Anyway, the result was a more of a smoothie consistency than yogurt consistency, but tasty, if you like yogurt. Sammy does.

He ate two huge bowls full for breakfast, and ignored his homemade granola bar (Katie was a busy lady this morning). Then he drank a HUGE amount with a straw (I didn't want to clean him up again) for lunch, and ignored his pizza. If I didn't have such a hard time getting veggies in him, I'd stop him (I'm thinking about some interesting diapers in his immediate future), but as it is, I'll let him eat that for a few meals.

The funny thing was, at breakfast this morning, he said the clearest word I've ever heard him say. I was in the kitchen, watching him stuff his face. He got all the yogurt out of the bowl he could with a spoon, and then dipped his fingers in and licked his fingers. When he couldn't get anymore out by that method, he lifted the bowl to his mouth and licked it clean. Finally, when there was nothing left to get, he set his bowl down, his face covered in purplish-blue yogurt, dripping down his chin, covering the front of his shirt and pooling into his lap. He smiled a huge purplish-blue grin, and said, "yum."

Well, at least he's learning to express himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment