Tuesday, February 26, 2013

10/08

When I was a sophomore in high school, I had a geography class that let out at 10:08.  Don't ask me why I remember that, I don't remember when any of my other classes let out that year or in the years preceding or following.  It wasn't such an awful class that I stared at the clock waiting for it to be over, either, or such a great class I dreaded it being over.  It's just a mystery.

Since then, I've noticed that 10:08 is used a lot in clock and watch advertisements, and very time I see it, I think, "hey, geography is over."


It actually makes me happy, when I check my clock and that's what it says.  I also have a vague feeling of expectation, like something should happen, every 10/08.  Again, I don't know why.  I'm not one of those people who reads secret meanings or conspiracies into stuff like that, and I'm not checking the 10th chapter and 8th verse of every book in the Bible.  I think it's just a weird thing that stuck in my brain and won't get out.

But this year, I really do have something to look forward to on October 8th.  That's the due date of baby #3!


Of course, if little baby fuzzy blob takes after his/her siblings at all, he/she won't be born until a week or two after that, but that's okay.  It just gives us more time to squeeze in my favorite fall things, like picking apples and visiting a pumpkin patch, before baby fuzzy blob is born.  It's gonna be an awesome fall!

But first, we have to get to that point.  Someone remind me that someday, relatively soon, I will be able to eat real food again.

No comments:

Post a Comment