Sunday, May 22, 2011

Help.

Tomorrow is the day we have scheduled for heavy-duty potty training, continuing throughout the next two weeks.  We are going to start with Sam, he's gonna pick out big boy undies from the collection he has in his under-utilized underwear drawer (dinosaurs or Cars, who knows?), and he's going to suck it up and potty in the toilet or in his undies.  Mom's here to help, which is good, because I need her to hold the babies back while I clean up the many messes I foresee happening.

Anyway, I need help.  Prayer.  Advice.  Meal plans that require no time or energy.  In that order.

3 comments:

  1. I dont have any advice other then have you tried bribing him? I had to bribe Brett with candy to get her to potty train, she got M & M's whenever she would go. Bribin didn't work with Tristan it basically was trial and error.
    As for meals, I'm not the best cook but I will pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandwiches, wraps, crock pot meals! :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we set a timer every 15 min and adjusted based on Ainsley's ability. no undies for the first day or two. then undies, but no pants. we gave lots of drinks and watched how fast things went through. we recognized the poop dance and raced to the potty. lots of celebration hugs kisses, etc. we tried sweets for rewards, and a calander with stickers. the first week was rough, but we made lots of progress. having a second adult present really helped. i survived poop on the floor and pee in my bed. expect the worst and be patient!

    ReplyDelete