Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm a Blogger!

I had an epiphany last night.

Someone sent me the link to a blog on Facebook, so I read it. Up until this point I had assumed that blogs were rants about how awful your day was dealing with your snotty kids. Don't get me wrong, I could totally do that, but who would want to read it? No one, that's who. I wouldn't even want to read about it, and they are MY snotty kids. But this blog, the one linked to me last night made me realize that good blogs were not rants, they were a written form of stand-up comedy. Suddenly a new world opened up to me. I realized that all of my friend's blogs that I followed were quirky and funny and even when they had a serious post, it was okay, it was just a break in the fun, not an angstful standard. "I can do that," I said to myself, and here I am.

The funny thing is, I typed in the only blog site I knew and I already had a profile set up...last use dated to April 2008. Huh.

So, you're thinking about following my blog? Well, there are a few things you should know, in no particular order...

1. I am a SLACKER mom, but "slacker mom blog" had already been taken. It's worse than you could imagine.

2. I am a BUSY mom. It has taken me over an hour so far to type this little bit, even though I type 75+ wpm. While I've been typing, I've also been cleaning up breakfast dishes, changing dirty diapers, and putting my 6-month old down for a nap. My 20-month old son is currently trying to figure out a way to wedge himself between the couch and wall, and will probably succeed fairly soon. Nope, he was able to climb onto the back of the couch, and stand on a window sill, where he is hanging from the top of the bottom pane. And now has thrown himself onto the couch. Well, the couch may not survive, but he will, so it's okay.

3. I LOVE Jesus. I will talk about it, and it will probably annoy you if you don't dig that sort of thing. By love, I don't mean that I listen to Christian radio occasionally, and I've never seen "Fireproof" or read "The Shack" but Jesus is pretty much the most important thing in my life, superseding even my relationships with my husband and children.

4. My husband is in the Army, and deployed to Afghanistan. Yup, so I'm an Army Wife.

5. It's been about 4 years since I graduated college, so my grammar and spelling might not be up to par on occasion. Sorry.

Let me break it down for you. I'm a Bible-thumping stay-at-home mom and Army wife. I could not be more of a conservative stereotype, but I hope I don't seem that way.

Uh, oh, better go, Sammy is eating the Pokey Little Puppy book.

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I love blogging too, but am not a stand up comic! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on blogging and since I know how funny you are your blog will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm glad you're blogging! If anyone should be allowed to blog, it is you. I shall wait with anxious heart for your every update.

    Okay, maybe not that anxiously, but still, I shall enjoy it. I sent you an invite to our blog if you're interested in keeping up with my snot-nosed kid.

    ReplyDelete