Monday, April 16, 2012

The Magical, Edible Letters

While singing the "C is for Cookie" song with the tots, I realized that 50% of my favorite foods start with the letter C.  The other half start with the letter B.

Now, I'm not talking about foods that I kind of like, or foods that are relatively yummy.  I'm talking about foods that, if they disappeared off the face of the earth, would actually decrease my quality of life.  In no particular order:
Coffee (with cream)

Chocolate

Bacon

Bread (freshly baked and still warm, I don't care about sliced sandwich bread you buy at the store)
Butter

Of course, there are literally dozens, probably hundreds, of other perfectly good B and C foods that aren't on my list.  Here is a small sample:

Corned Beef (let's be honest, all beef)
Brownies
Baby Bella Mushrooms
Banana Chips

Christmas Coffee (which is almost better than regular coffee)

Cheese
Chili

Banana Pudding

Blueberry Muffins
Broccoli (roasted)

Beer

Cheesecake

Chili Dogs

Chimichangas
Cocoa
Croissants

Banana Bear Breakfast Toast

Curry
Cinnamon Rolls
Bundt Cake (well, actually, all cake)
Buns
Churros

Burgers

Chips
Cornbread

Chocolate Chip Cookies (all cookies)

Coconut Oil
Carrot Cake
Cauliflower (roasted)
Burritos

Coca-Cola

BBQ
Brussel Sprouts
Chili Rellenos
Chicken
Brisket

And a whole meal, burger, beans, coleslaw

Then, of course, is the unfortunate inclusion of foods such as "beets," and the exclusion of "potatoes" and "pumpkin."  Henceforth, let them be known as "peets," "botatoes," and "bumpkin."

Now, our list is complete.

2 comments:

  1. lol I agree with you on almost all of these... But you lost me at Brussels Sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...I love brussel sprouts, roasted, with bacon. Nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete