Thursday, May 3, 2012

Apartment Hunting Update

We signed a lease on that townhome yesterday!  I'm so excited to be getting out of here, and we feel really good about the decision.

In less than a month, we'll have easy-to-clean bathrooms, a garage, and a backyard.  It's going to be so awesome!  I'm also going to have a stove that isn't glass top, so I can use a cast iron skillet again.  This may not seem like a big deal to you guys, oh, but it is.

Also, even though this place is super boring, it does have one thing going for it: an amazing master bedroom!  It's going to look so great with our new Ikea bedroom furniture!  I really love this set, it's super sturdy (something I was worried about), and I love the simple lines and the grey-brown color.


It's funny, though, every time I move I think, "jeez, I hope I don't have to move again for a long time," but then by the time it's time to move, I'm really excited about the change.  I'm not sure what that says about me.

Anyway, I have my 'rents-in-law coming tomorrow to celebrate Mother's Day early (we haven't lived close enough to my Mother-in-law to celebrate with her in years), and then the tots and I are going back to Utah with them to escape the apartment showings here next week.  I really love my in-laws, so this isn't a  stressful thing like some of you are probably imagining, it's actually going to be a blast!  We are going to Ikea and World Market to get some stuff for the new place, and we are going to take the kids to this indoor play thing they love with bounce houses...


...and go get In-and-Out Burgers...


...and let them snuggle their grandparents...


...and take them to this park Sammy loves with a swinging thing on a track he can actually reach...



Long story short, I need to start cleaning.  My devoted fans (all 5 of you, you know who you are) will be devastated to know that I won't be blogging for the next week or so.  Rest assured, though, I'll be back, with lots of toddler pictures and stories about kids pooping in their pants in the middle of Ikea, or throwing Swedish meatballs at each other, or eating the buttons off throw pillows, or something like that.

I just realized how many of my stories involve toddlers pooping, not eating what they should, or eating what they shouldn't.  I apologize sincerely, and will try to convince my kids to do non-digestive things that are noteworthy.

3 comments:

  1. lol, don't apologize, it's nice to know I'm not the only mom with those issues ;)
    And eat some Ikea meatballs for me! I can't wait to make another trip up there so that I can get some for myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for new spaces! and yay for ikea meatballs! I can't wait to hear what your kids do in public in front of your MIL! At least you have a good relationship with her and may be less mortified when they mis-behave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things I like best about Debbie is that she thinks her all of her grandkids are perfect. If they misbehave, they are "spirited" or "energetic." Pretty sure Sammy could graffiti her minivan, and she'd find something good to say about it. Anyway, I won't be mortified when they do something awful. Haha.

      Delete