Thursday, May 24, 2012

Disregard This Post

Ben Franklin once wrote: "...in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."  I'm not so sure I agree.  As a Christian, the death thing is fairly uncertain depending on how one sees "death," and taxes depends quite a bit on income and allowances and whatnot.  


There is only one thing regarding parenting I feel absolutely certain of, and it is this:


The things I was pretty sure were true yesterday are naive and/or idiotic today, and the things that I'm pretty sure are true today will seem naive and/or idiotic tomorrow.


In other words, if I ever say anything that sounds like parenting advice, ignore it.  I pretty much ignore all advice by anyone who has less than 3 kids or whose kids are younger than 5.  I mean, how much can we possibly know, right? 


This post is starting to sound a lot like parenting advice.  Ignore it.

1 comment:

  1. True confessions of a Mom. I love it and feel the same.

    ReplyDelete