Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pre-K Intro to Film

Turner Movie Classics was having a Katharine Hepburn marathon a few days ago, and I recorded quite a few movies.


Last night they played an assortment of Gene Kelly movies, so, again, I recorded a few.


I'm thinking this weekend might be a great time to introduce the kids to film...I mean, they watch movies, but rarely anything, you know, not cartoon.  I'm not sure how much they'll be able to sit through, but here's what I'm thinking:


There's a leopard, and a lot of people (mostly Cary Grant) jumping up and down quite a bit, plus it's hilarious, so I'm thinking we might have about a half hour before they lose interest.  I love films like this, but in this age of attention deficit disorders and sex comedies and "action" movies, it's an acquired taste...one I hope my kids to acquire sooner rather than later.

Just to recap, Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant in a Howard Hawks film...that's a great way to start a early and enduring love of film.  If I play my cards right, we may get to sit through half of "It's a Wonderful Life" as a family come December.

No comments:

Post a Comment