Friday, August 31, 2012

The Incident

I read this the other day: Top 9 Things Your Child Can Actually Cut with Safety Scissors.  I remember thinking, "haha, those things are so dull, right?"  My favorite was:

#9 Paper. Well, technically toilet paper. And you need to cut on the perforated line.

I discovered yesterday that there's one other thing that can be cut with safety scissors.

I was making dinner.  Actually, it was nearly 5pm and I was fighting some sweet potato hash browns in a cast iron pan.  I was losing.  There was a 1/2 inch layer of stuck potato mash on the bottom of the pan, with a sparse layer of greasy, uncooked shreds on top.  I had just broken out the chisel and hammer and was working on unsticking that dang pan, when Cam came downstairs after taking a shower after work, and said, "hey, what's Jubee doing?"

If you have kids and/or husbands, you know that's not a good sign.

I said, "I dunno, I'm trying to make dinner.  What is Jubee doing?"

And he said, "this," and put this on the counter next to where I was working:


Do you know what that is?  I'll give you a clue, it starts with "B" and ends with "angs."


FYI...that's marker on her face.  Because that's how she rolls, she's a walking craft nightmare.


It's too bad you can't clearly see her new bald spot about two inches above that weird gap in her bangs. She cut an anti-mohawk, all short going down the middle and long everywhere else.


The long and the short of all this is, those dang hashbrowns were abandoned as I rushed her to the hair cutting place to see if we could salvage the situation.  We couldn't and we didn't, but we did get a pizza on the way home for dinner.  

So, even though I may have to buy a new cast iron skillet and Jubee looks like she's been spending an inordinate amount of time at Walmart, I guess it all worked out.

1 comment:

  1. oh I'm so glad we live in the blogging generation and get to save these stories for posterity!

    ReplyDelete